News: 1 March 2018
A special request from Liesa
Liesa is a pediatric physical therapist who is leading the field in treating idiopathic toe-walking. In this interview, Liesa gives us some amusingly honest insights into how she developed her skills and knowledge as well as where you can go to develop or progress your own clinical expertise in this area. Jam packed with advice and actionable tips for treating and assessing toe-walking, Liesa explains how she applies her learning's from autism to cerebral palsy.
How do you approach other professionals who might need a bit of up-skilling? What's the optimal dosing, timing and progression of treatment? Liesa covers this and much more in the interview.
Resources mentioned in the podcast are all listed below, as well as some handy time markers so you can jump straight to a topic of interest if you are short on time.
The Podcast: listen, enjoy, share ...
If you have a slow internet connection, you may need to download the podcast first by clicking on the download symbol (the little down arrow) in the player below
1. Current and early experiences and influences (0.53)
2. Evidence Based vs Research Based practice (10.18)
3. Current Clinical Research in Toe-walking (10.57)
4. Mistakes therapists make about toe-walking (13.11)
5. Developing clinical skills after Liesa's course (15.25)
6. Teaching & courses (17.20)
6. Liesa's favorite resources for learning (20.18)
7. Developing your clinical skills - where to start and progress (22.23)
8. Side Passions (24.07)
9. Organizing courses (25.30)
10. Clinical Q&A
Autism and taping techniques (26.48)
Progression of wedge use (28.02)
Assessing Progression (29.07)
Apps to use (30.00)
Training a therapy dog - or not! (31.49)
ASD and ITW treatment efficacy (35.57)
Treatment Frequency and Dosing (38.47)
Cerebral Palsy and Treatment Approaches for ITW (41.33)
11. Things you need to know (44.49)
12. Working with other professionals (47.42)
13. The Bullet Point List for Orthopaedic Surgeons
14. Links to Liesa's resources and courses (52.34)
Website: Know To Change
Facebook: Know To Change
Bonus Link: HEP ideas
Pediatric kinesiotaping Course
Please note: these book links go through to Amazon Affiliate Program
Thanks for your support!